At R3 Renewables, we are committed to developing and building grid-scale reliable renewable generation. State-of-the-art solar and storage technology allows us to repurpose the land previously used for coal mines to deliver clean and reliable power. We are committed to helping local communities thrive by creating jobs, adding to the tax base, and revitalizing the land for a bright energy future. Read more at r3renewables.com
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Land Analyst to join our team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Land. This individual will support the land acquisition efforts of the Development & Land Team to acquire the necessary land rights needed to construct and operate solar + storage projects.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Assist the Sr. Director of Land in the drafting of any contracts, leases, easement or other real estate agreements necessary to secure the real estate rights needed to develop and construct R3 Renewables’ projects.
- Track and update line lists, maps and landowner information using both Excel spreadsheets and the relevant land software, as applicable.
- Review executed real estate agreements and track landowner payments to ensure landowners are paid accurately and timely.
- Track and notify the Sr. Director of Land of any upcoming expirations or renewals for executed real estate agreements.
- Manage and input necessary information into the land software.
- Coordinate closely with land contractors, landowners and the Finance Team to ensure all real estate documents are properly executed, recorded and uploaded to the land software or SharePoint, as applicable.
- Create and prepare periodic reports on land acquisition status and title and survey status.
- Tract land budgets and assist in the creation and managing of land purchase orders, MSAs and task orders.
- Research records and other online databases to find landowner contact information, when needed.
- Coordinate and, at times, help supervise agents from right-of-way acquisition companies and other land-related vendors, such as appraisal, survey and title companies as needed.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Land with any RFIs or RPFs related to hiring of third-party contractors.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Director of Land to onboard land agents and ensure that all necessary contact information, identifications, business cards and land agent materials are ordered and updated as needed.
- Attend project calls as requested and prepare notes and follow up reminders.
- Assist landowners in providing updated contact and change of ownership information.
- Maintain land and real estate documents and folders within internal SharePoint sites.
- Work with all R3 Renewables teams in ensuring strong and positive landowner relationships and communication during the lifetime of R3 Renewables’ projects.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills with ability to take notes in land meetings and prepare follow up action items and track progress against same
- Strong ability to clearly communicate deadlines and work scope to outside contractors when needed
- Ability to fill in basic information into real estate forms to prepare a first draft
- Ability to read real estate documents and extract payment and other basic information
- Familiarity with relevant technology and tools such as GIS and land management database systems
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in the energy or real estate fields or 10 years’ experience in an equivalent field