At R3 Renewables, we are committed to developing and building grid-scale reliable renewable generation. State-of-the-art solar and storage technology allows us to repurpose the land previously used for coal mines to deliver clean and reliable power. We are committed to helping local communities thrive by creating jobs, adding to the tax base, and revitalizing the land for a bright energy future. Read more at r3renewables.com
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team, reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting. This individual will be responsible for end-to-end accounts payable processing, managing the monthly close, maintaining budget vs. actuals reporting, and day-to-day accounting workflows. The Manager will also be responsible for documenting and maintaining all significant accounting policies and processes for the Company. In addition, the manager is expected to be the SME for the new ERP system to be implemented by Q4 2023.
Beyond accounting, the Manager will assist in a financial planning role, maintaining all operating and development budgets while tracking against actuals. The accounting manager will maintain the capital register of the Company and manage all short-term cash needs while assisting the Director of Finance & Accounting and CFO in long-term capital planning. The Manager will also manage the back-office function as needed, maintaining vendor relationships with third-party consultants.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Responsible for managing the Company’s accounts payable process, including managing the accounts payable inbox, processing invoices, recording payments in the banking platform (PNC) and accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Managing/supporting the month end close process including posting journal entries and reconciling workpapers to the general ledger.
- Preparation on quarter end balance sheet & income statement.
- Documenting monthly processes and drafting procedures.
- Automating processes where applicable
- Supporting year end audit process
Other Key Responsibilities
The company expects to implement a new ERP system by Q4 2024. The accounting manager is expected to be the subject matter expert for this new system. The accounting manager will learn the system and the functionalities that best support the businesses finance and accounting needs.
- Full cycle AP processing
- Month-end close process
- Familiarity with ERP systems (SAP/S4 Hana public cloud preferred)
- Strong understanding of JV accounting, consolidation principles and ASC 842
- Tax equity experience a plus
- Accounts payable processing
- Month-end close
- Journal entry processing
- Lease accounting principles
- Forecasts and budgets
- Cash management & cash call(s) to shareholders
- JVA compliance & reporting
- Detail-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently based on situational requirements
- Familiarity with renewable project development with desire to continue learning
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility as business needs and priorities shift.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to adapt to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Renewable energy experience a plus
Travel as needed, anticipated 10 – 15%